Wednesday 23 January 2013

Review # 7- L'Oreal Infalliable 8 Hour Lip Gloss

Hey All, 

I popped into the drugstore today in search of a long lasting lipstick to review. I had heard good things about L'Oreal's Infalliable line so that's where I headed. 

Who knew there would be such a selection!

Long-Lasting Lip Stick Swatches = Lots of scrubbing when you get home

After a zillion swatches I decided to by their Infalliable 8 hour Lip Gloss in Blush. I was really intrigued with the thought that a lip gloss could be long lasting but at 10.99 it was one of the less expensive of the bunch.


 

I thought the brush looked awkward, but it was actually surprising easily to apply which was good, since you don't want to make mistakes when applying something that's supposed to last 8 hours.

First Application- I guess I was expecting the gloss to "dry" to that it would be long-lasting, but I guess that goes against the idea of a lip "gloss". Although it felt like a thicker more adhesive formula, the gloss rubbed off easily.

3 Hours in- The colour is still present but I've lost quite a bit of the gloss. That being said,  my lips aren't dry and I don't feel like I need to reapply. This is impressive, as by this time I would have probably re-glossed at least 3 times.

5 Hours in -The gloss and most of the colour is pretty much gone by now. I had two cups of tea and the majority of the gloss came off then. I took this as the final photo as I wanted to reapply something to my lips as I felt them starting to try out. I had dinner after this picture was taken and any remnants that were left were completely gone after I ate. 

L'Oreal's Infalliable Lip Gloss did not last 8 hours for me, and I truly didn't expect it to. Unlike L'Oreal's other long lasting lipsticks, the "gloss" part of this product just isn't meant to be permanent. Even though it didn't last as long as it claimed, it certainly stayed on longer then any other lip gloss I have experienced. 

If you like lip gloss but don't want the hassle of constantly reapplying, this is the product for you. If you are a lip gloss junky like me, and you don't mind reapplying throughout the day then this product isn't all that necessary.

For that, I give L'Oreal's Infalliable Lip Gloss 3.25 Polka Dots out of 5

As always, if you have any suggestions for reviews, leave me a comment or pop me an email at email.polka.dot.reviews@gmail.com.

Sparkle On!
Polka Dot


No comments:

Post a Comment