Monday 21 January 2013

Review # 5- Sephora Collection- Breast Cancer Awareness Makeup Palette

Hello all,

Today I thought I would review one of my favourite makeup purchases of all time. My love of makeup first reared its head in the summer of 2010 Sephora was unleashed upon Victoria. Since then I have picked up all sorts of fabulous gadgets, colours and techniques... with lots of help from the great staff in their Mayfair location of course.



The Sephora Collection- Breast Cancer Awareness Makeup Palette is one of my all time favourite purchases. It comes with 36 eye shadows 12 lip glosses and 6 blushes all in one little compact case. Wowza!! As an added bonus a portion of the proceeds went to Breast Cancer Awareness! For 30 dollars I thought it was a great deal.

I tend to get the most use out of the two shadow rows that I am pointing out, but at some point or another I have tried every colour. I won't tell you about the purple shadow disaster of '11, but lets just say, I barely made it out alive.

Yes, I see you little purple pot of angry shadow..mocking my attempt to apply you!



The glosses are also great, although consider this a warning when you first use them. When you first buy them, they look unassumingly solid. I learnt that the hard way when I stuck my finger right to the bottom of the pot during my first application...woops. Pretty sure you can still see remnants of that sticky disaster on the bottom left!!

The blushes are good as well, although the containers are little small to get a blush brush in. I tend to combine a few of them together to make my own original hue.

Unfortunately for you, it looks like this palette is sold out online, but I have seen it in the Mayfair location pretty recently. I did find this Smoky Eye Studio 2 palette online that has similar eye shadows minus the blush and lip gloss.

The great thing about these little palettes is that you can try a bunch of colours without committing to buying a whole container of product. Sephora often has miniature versions of many of its products. If  you end up finding something you like, you can then go buy a bigger size.

Because of the diversity of its shades, the simplicity of having all my makeup in one container and the quality of their product, I give the Sephora Collection- Breast Cancer Awareness Makeup Palette 4.5 Polka Dots out of 5!

As always, if you have something or somewhere you would like to me review, leave a comment below or email me at emails.polka.dot.reviews@gmail.com.

Sparkle O!
Polka Dot
I

No comments:

Post a Comment