Tuesday 22 January 2013

Review # 6- Kiss Nail Dress Nail Stickers

Hey Hey,

I love the fancyness of funky decal nails but hate the time and money it takes to get them professionally done.  Plus, if I do something crazy on my nails, I'm usually bored of it after a week. Enter, nail stickers!

Nail Stickers in general usual cost between 9-13 dollars and you can pick them up at most drugstores. I have tired many different kinds but find that Kiss is my favourite brand. I usually pick up a couple whenever I see them on sale. Today I decided to rock a little sparkly zebra print. (I'm aiming for subtle...is it working??)

       

Each pack comes with 28 nail strips, an instruction booklet and a double-sided nail file. The bigger sizes on the right are meant for your toes. That just seems wrong to me so I've never tried, but hey, whatever floats your boat!

I prepped my nails by pushing my cuticles down and giving them a wipe down with some nail polish remover.  If you are wanting some extra lasting power you can give your nails a bit of a file to roughen the surface a little. This will make the glue stick extra hard (I skipped this step because I know I'll be bored of this design within a week)

Once your nails are ready, peel a sticker that looks roughly the size of your nail and place it cuticle end first onto your nail. Push the sticker against the edges of your nails to make sure its nice and secure. You'll end up with something looking like this.



The directions say to use the blue side of the nail file to rid yourself of the end part. I like to trim it down with some scissors first and then file in a downward motion. 


Keep applying to each finger. Make sure you keep track of what sizes you are using so you can do the same on the other hand.


 And Voila! You now have very impressive DIY nails! I usually add a little bit of clear polish to the ends of my nails to seal them in. The entire process probably took me 7-8 minutes (I'm a pro though!)

I guarantee you will get tons of comments, and people will think you are so fancy and talented when you tell them you did them yourself.

The package states they last up to 10 days. I can usually keep mine looking good for about 6-7. A word of warning, when you are ready to take them off, don't be like me. As much fun as it seems like to peel them all off after a couple of cocktails, it can really do a number to your nails. Use some nail polish remover and Q-tips to ease the glue off and keep your nails healthy and strong.

The Kiss Nail Dress stickers are a little pricey, but they are a really fun way to add a little spice to your look.

For this I am giving Kiss Nail Dress 4 Polka Dots out of 5

As always, if there is anything you want me to review please leave me a comment or email me at: emails,polka.dot.review@gmail.com

Sparkle On!
Polka Dot.


No comments:

Post a Comment