Saturday 19 January 2013

Review # 3- Forever 21 Accessory Haul

Hello All,

It was a busy day here at Polka Dot Reviews! Tons of pictures to upload for upcoming reviews, including some new local haunts to check out!

For those who live in Victoria, you may know that Forever 21 has opened at Uptown. Now I have been procrastinating on checking it out for fear that that my pocket book would be wounded (side note: I have never actually owned a "pocket book", what does that even mean??)

Anyways, I popped in there the other day deciding I would put the blinders on and only look at accessories. The thought of outfitting myself in something new, while still trying to work off the extra shortbread love around my middle didn't seem like a productive way to spend my time.

Regardless of my limitations, I managed to find a boat load of lovely accessories that will always fit!


First off, the earrings. These three pairs were all between 3 and 4 dollars. I especially loved the little rhinestone bows. I wore them today and they are fabulous. 

Secondly, the dangly mish mash necklace. These long necklaces with the boatload of goodies jangling on them appear are all over the place right now. I've tried to jump on the bandwagon a couple times. But when I actually look at what going on down there, I often find an odd assortment of charms usually including anchors and moustaches. These items don't scream to me "I'm so fashionable, wear me around your neck!"   Maybe I'm just getting old. Hopefully, the necklace I chose will still allow me to sit in the back of the bus with the cool anchor and moustache kids





The final item was this long chain necklace. These are the types of long necklaces I usually wear (decode this and it means "I have lots of necklaces like this and probably didn't need to buy another one")



I justified this purchase because of the colours of the stones. They were peacock shades and I knew I had tons of outfits I could wear it with.




As I was checking out, the sales associate asked me if I'd like to choose a nail polish for an extra .45 cents. "Heck ya!" I shouted (in my head). I ended up getting this HOT pink shade. I honestly expected this to be the worst nail polish ever, but I am shocked. It probably lasted longer on my nails then any of my other brands (granted it was only about 48 hours but that is amazing for me!)

I actually got to the point where I was worried it was some sort of industrial paint that was going to dye my nails, but I am happy to report I was able to wipe it clean off today with minimal effort (aka, I picked it off while sitting in a coffee shop writing a review).




Forever 21 did have a great inventory of inexpensive jewelry  Many of their items would be considered "statement pieces" so you do really need to think about what outfits you have that would go with them. If you are looking at spicing up your wardrobe with something bold, this is the place for you. The only downfall is I want to wear all the accessories at the same time!

I give Forever 21's accessories 4 Polka Dots out of 5. 

As always, if there is something you want me to review, leave a comment or pop me an email at: email.polka.dot.reviews@gmail.com.

Sparkle On!
Polka Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment