Sunday 20 January 2013

Review # 4- Shatterbox Coffee, Victoria B.C

Hello all!!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending the grand opening of Shatterbox Coffee Bar right here in Victoria

                             


Although this was the "official" opening, I had the pleasure of  being introduced to this establishment last week by my lovely friend Heather. Once I saw that they served Drumroaster coffee, I was in. 

I fell in love with Drumroaster coffee earlier this year on a fateful stop at their cafe in Cobble Hill. Despite my lack of general coffee knowledge, I could tell that theirs was a cut above the rest. It has since become a routine pit stop during all my up-island visits. Added bonus, they had the most creative decorations this Christmas!


Dried apricots on Christmas lights?? Beyond awesome (I knew I saved this picture for a reason!)

Anyways, you can imagine my surprise and delight when I saw that my beloved Drumroaster would now be served in my own back yard.



Their cute little shop is located at 950 Yates, right across from Harries Green (London Drugs/The Market etc). Although the location is tiny, what the shop lacks in size it makes up for in taste. I popped in and ordered  my usual Americano from owner Kalen Harris.
Side of Gingersnap? Yes Please!

Beyond Tasty

After my first sip I was flooded with the velvety goodness of the Drumroaster that I know and love. I was definitely in my happy place. In fact, I took my coffee to go, walked downtown to meet my mom, bragged so much about my brew that we walked back and I got a second cup! You can never go wrong with a triple D (Double Drumroaster Day!)

To celebrate their grand opening, Shatterbox had all of their coffee's on special and offered complementary coffee seminars throughout the day. I was lucky enough to catch one and learnt all sorts of new stuff!!

A review of Shatterbox would not be complete with mentioning their bathroom. If I haven't encouraged you to try the coffee, I at least encourage you to stop in and check out this masterpiece!!

This photo doesn't even do it justice!!

Shatterbox makes up for its small size with big taste, friendly staff and a focus on supporting charities and local businesses.

For that,  I give Shatterbox 4.5 Polka Dots out of 5

As always, if you have something you would like me to review, leave a comment or pop me an email at: email.polka.dot.review@gmail.com.

Sparkle On!
Polka Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment